• Question: did u like science when you were at school our did u discover your talent later on in life I have liked science since y6 when my teacher told us about Isaac newton which inspired me to try and find new things about the world

Asked by graceandacacia to Alyssa, Carolyn, Daniel, Freya, Ioannis, Nadine, Natasha, Nathan, Sophie, Suzanne, Wendy, Woody on 12 Jan 2018.
    • Photo: Freya Wilson

Freya Wilson answered on 12 Jan 2018:

The first time I realised I really liked science was in Y6 too. We learnt about photosynthesis and why plants were green and it just blew my mind! It wasn’t until a bit later on, in secondary school, when I started getting really inspired by things I’d read. I read a lot of popular science books and science fiction too. I loved the idea that lots of current technology applications were started off as something someone imagined in a book once.

• Photo: Daniel Mills

Daniel Mills answered on 12 Jan 2018:

yes, I enjoyed sciences because it helped me make sense of the world around me